Here’s how the killing of Osama Bin Laden may affect:
- Stock markets. Share prices rise.
- Commodity markets. Oil prices fall.
- Election markets. Obama to get re-elected?
- Artists’ First Response. A Bin Laden folk song?
- Healthcare Economist’s Receipt of Spam. I’ve received an above average number of unsolicited emails today regarding how Bin Laden’s death will affect financial markets.
Note that the ‘markets in everything’ phrasing was gratuitously stolen from Tyler Cowen’s Marginal Revolution blog.