Today I am writing the 3,000th post at Healthcare Economist. I started this site way back in January 2006 with this post and the site has grown ever since. Every post is authored by myself, Jason Shafrin. In case you’re late to this party, below I recap some of my most popular posts.
- The “Healthcare Around the World” Series.
- Obamacare Overview.
- Cost to bring a drug to market: $802m, and later updated to $1 billion.
- Medicare’s (True) Administrative Costs
- What is the difference between DRGs, AP-DRGs, and APR-DRGs? and CMS’s HCC system.
- The difference between public health and medicine.
- What is the difference between managed care and ACOs? and Are ACOs working?
- The end of hospital cost shifting?
…a blast from the past…
…plus some Econometrics
I hope you have enjoyed the previous 8+ years of my writing. I appreciate all feedback I have received from loyal readers over the years. I look forward to many more years giving my two cents on the current world of health economics.