Healthcare Economist: produced by Jason Shafrin
Jason is a Ph.D. Economist at Precision Health Economics (PHE) in Los Angeles. The opinions expressed on this blog are only Jason’s and do not represent the opinions of PHE in any way.
Jason’s research interests include all issues related to healthcare policy and economics, the health insurance market, and Medicare research. For up to date information regarding Jason’s most recent research, teaching, and CV, please visit his homepage. See the working papers section of my homepage for my most recent research.
- Economist at Precision Health Economics (2013-present)
- Previously, worked as a Policy Lead at Acumen, LLC (2009-2013)
- Received a Ph.D. in Economics from the University of California-San Diego (UCSD) in 2009.
- Graduated from the University of Pennsylvania in 2002. Received a B.S. of Economics from the Wharton School in Business and Public Policy as well as a B.A. from the School of Arts and Sciences in Spanish.
- Worked for two years as a financial analyst at General Electric in their Financial Management Program (FMP).
- Jason has traveled to the following countries: Argentina, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Czech Republic, Egypt, El Salvador, England, France, Germany, Honduras, Hungary, Indonesia, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Jamaica, Japan, Mexico, Morocco, Netherlands, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Thailand and Turkey.
- Where Jason has lived: Tampa, FL; Milwaukee, WI; Philadelphia, PA; Sevilla, Spain; New York, NY; Hartford, CT; Charlotte, NC; Barcelona, Spain; San Diego, CA; San Francisco, CA; and Los Angeles, CA.
- While Jason is an impartial researcher when investigating health care economics issues, he is extremely biased when it comes to one issue: sports. Jason is a passionate Wisconsin sports fans, avidly supporting the Brewers, Bucks, and Packers.