Healthcare Economist is edited and written by Jason Shafrin
Jason is a Director and Senior Research Economist at Precision Health Economics (PHE) in Los Angeles as well as the Director of Research at the Innovation and Value Initiative (IVI). The opinions expressed on this blog are only Jason’s and do not represent the opinions of PHE in any way.
Jason’s research interests include all issues related to healthcare policy and economics, value-based purchasing, the health insurance market, and Medicare policy research. For up to date information regarding Jason’s most recent research and contact information, please visit his homepage. You can view his published work on his Google Scholar page.
- Senior Research Economist at Precision Health Economics (2013-present)
- Director at Precision Health Economics (2016-present)
- Director of Research, Innovation and Value Initiative (2016-present)
- Policy Lead at Acumen, LLC (2009-2013)
- Received a Ph.D. in Economics from the University of California-San Diego (UCSD) in 2009.
- Graduated from the University of Pennsylvania in 2002. Received a B.S. of Economics from the Wharton School in Business and Public Policy as well as a B.A. from the School of Arts and Sciences in Spanish.
- Worked for two years as a financial analyst at General Electric in their Financial Management Program (FMP).
- Jason has traveled to the following countries: Argentina, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Czech Republic, Egypt, El Salvador, England, France, Germany, Honduras, Hungary, Indonesia, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Jamaica, Japan, Mexico, Morocco, Netherlands, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Thailand and Turkey.
- While Jason is an impartial researcher when investigating health care economics issues, he is biased when it comes to one issue: sports. Jason is a passionate Wisconsin sports fans, avidly supporting the Brewers, Bucks, and Packers.